ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 3090 buffed-up design with chart-topping thermal performance.
- NVIDIA Ampere Streaming Multiprocessors: The building blocks for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, the all-new Ampere SM brings 2X the FP32 throughput and improved power efficiency.
- 2nd Generation RT Cores: Experience 2X the throughput of 1st gen RT Cores, plus concurrent RT and shading for a whole new level of ray tracing performance.
- 3rd Generation Tensor Cores: Get up to 2X the throughput with structural sparsity and advanced AI algorithms such as DLSS. Now with support for up to 8K resolution, these cores deliver a massive boost in game performance and all-new AI capabilities.
- Axial-tech Fan Design has been tuned up with more fan blades and a reversed rotational direction for the center fan.
- 2.9-slot design expands cooling surface area compared to last gen for more thermal headroom than ever before.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking, thermal controls, and system monitoring
Our Axial-tech fan design has been optimized for a new, larger heatsink that features more fins and surface area than last gen. The blade count has been increased on all three fans, with 13 on the center fan and 11 on the auxiliary fans. The barrier ring on the side fans has been slimmed down to allow for more lateral intake and to provide better airflow through the cooling array. The center fan’s extra blades and full-height ring provide boosted static pressure to blast air directly onto the GPU heat spreader.
To get heat up off the die and into the heatsink array to benefit from the new fan design requires special attention. We use a manufacturing process that polishes the surface of the heat spreader to improve smoothness at the microscopic level. The extra flatness allows for better contact with the die for improved thermal transfer.
The heat spreader draws heat up into heatpipes that carry it through a fin stack that fills a large 2.9-slot footprint. Increasing the heatsink size compared to the last generation provides more thermal headroom to account for the new high-performance chipset.
In addition to under-the-hood design changes, the ROG Strix features a new face with metal accents that mirror the design aesthetic of ROG and ROG Strix motherboards. Mixing surface textures and materials make a statement when vertically mounted and lit by chassis LEDs. For those who prefer a sleeker, more subtle look, the greyscale colorway allows it to seamlessly blend into the build.
Careful attention has been paid to the front of the GPU, as it’s the most visible part of the card in typical configurations. A new addressable RGB element can be customized with Armoury Crate to create a uniform look along with other ROG components. To fulfill the power demands of the GeForce RTX 3090, three 8-pin power connectors are present, along with an onboard circuit that monitors PSU rail voltage. The circuit is fast enough to catch any transients that result in the rail voltage dropping too low. If that happens, a red LED will light up to indicate a power supply issue. The Strix’s reinforced metal frame is also visible here, adding a literal layer of durability.
Graphics Engine NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3090
Bus Standard PCI Express 4.0
Video Memory GDDR6X 24GB
Engine Clock OC Mode - 1725 MHz (Boost Clock) Gaming Mode - 1695 MHz (Boost Clock)
CUDA Core 10496
Memory Speed 19.5 Gbps
Memory Interface 384-bit
Resolution Digital Max Resolution:7680x4320
Interface HDMI Output : Yes x 2 (Native) (HDMI 2.1) Display Port : Yes x 3 (Native) (DisplayPort 1.4a) HDCP Support : Yes (2.3)
Maximum Display Support 4
NVlink/ Crossfire Support Yes
Recommended PSU 750W (Please reference NVIDIA's website for more information)
Power Connectors 3 x 8-pin
Accessories 1 x ROG Velcro Hook & Loop 1 x ROG ruler 1 x Collection card 1 x Speedsetup manual
Software ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver, please download all software from the support site.
Dimensions 12.53 " x 5.51 " x 2.27 " Inch 31.85 x 14.01 x 5.78 Centimeter
Slot 2.9 slot